This means autistic people are gifted with a detail oriented mind
"leaf" for an autistic person
"leaf" for a non-autistic person
A detail-oriented mind is a strength
A strength needs to be nurtured,
NOT treated or cured
GoManda nurtures the autistic brain by using a strength-based teaching method
to teach vocabulary
Why is vocabulary important?
Vocabulary is the key to communication
(speaking or non-speaking)
Vocabulary connects any child to the world
Download our Brochure
Research shows that increasing vocabulary can dramatically improve a child's connection to their world
1. Favre MR, La Mendola D, Meystre J, Christodoulou D, Cochrane MJ, Markram H, Markram K. Predictable enriched environment prevents development of hyper-emotionality in the VPA rat model of autism. Front Neurosci. 2015 Jun 2;9:127. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2015.00127. PMID: 26089770; PMCID: PMC4452729.
2. Markram H, Rinaldi T, Markram K. The intense world syndrome--an alternative hypothesis for autism. Front Neurosci. 2007;1(1):77-96. Published 2007 Oct 15. doi:10.3389/neuro.01.1.1.006.2007
3. Happe F., Frith U. (2006) The Weak Coherence Account: Detail-focused Cognitive Style in Autism Spectrum Disorders. J. Autism Dev. Disord. 36: 5–25 10.1007/s10803-005-0039-0
4. Marcia JE. Identity in adolescence. Handbook of Adolescent Psychology. 1980;9(11):159–187.
5. Cooper K, Smith LG, Russell A. Social identity, self-esteem, and mental health in autism. European Journal of Social Psychology. 2017;47(7):844–854.
6.Armstrong, Thomas. Neurodiversity in the classroom: Strength-based strategies to help students with special needs succeed in school and life. ASCD, 2012.
7. Cheng, Su. "Let the Autistic Children Get Out——Analysis of the Temple Grandin with Educational Psychology." Journal of Suihua University (2014): 10.
8. Cascia, J. and Barr, J.J. (2017), Associations Among Vocabulary, Executive Function Skills and Empathy in Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. J Appl Res Intellect Disabil, 30: 627-637.